Put on your thinking caps and come join us on November 17th, 2018, for Inquisition, a general quiz competition for high school students! Come a lone wolf or in pairs of two, to take part in this competition and win exciting prizes!
The quiz competition is open for classes 8th to 12th. Registration fee per team : Rs.200.
_Read the rules below_
1. The competition is for students of classes 8th to 12th.
2. Only two-person team entries and individual entries are eligible.
3. Any number of teams can participate from a particular institution.
4. The participants shall not use mobile phones or any other instruments that may be considered unfair means by the Dhishna committee.
5. Replacement of any participant in a team is not allowed after registration.
6. Teams selected for the final rounds will be allowed to give themselves an appropriate name related to the competition by which they wish to be known.
7. The decision of the Quiz Master will be final and will not be subjected to any change.
*ELIMINATION ROUND* – (To be used to break a tie to the Final Round)
1. Each team will be asked to answer a set of questions.
2. The team that scores highest among the tied teams will make it to the final round.
*Round 1: General Round*
1. For direct questions, 10 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 5 marks deducted for every wrong answer. No marks will be deducted if the question is passed unanswered. Time allotted for answering will be 30 seconds.
2. If a particular team fails to answer the question, it is passed to the next team.
3. For passed questions, 5 marks will be awarded for the right answer. No marks will be deducted for incorrect answers. Time allotted for answering passed questions will be 10 seconds.
*Round 2: Rapid Fire Round*
1. Each team will be asked 10 questions one after another in 1 minute.
2. 10 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
3. This round does not deduct marks for incorrect answers.
4. Contestants are allowed to skip questions. Skipped questions will not be passed to the next team.
5. If there is time remaining in one minute, after all the 10 questions for a team are asked, the skipped questions can be revisited.
*Round 3: Buzzer Round*
1. A question will be fired & the team that presses the buzzer first gets to answer first. This round consists of 6 questions.
2. 10 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 5 marks deducted for every incorrect answer or if a team fails to answer after ringing the buzzer.
3. Time allotted for answering will be 30 seconds.
*Round 4: Audio-visual round*:
1. Teams may be shown audio or video clips and asked questions concerning the same.
2. 10 marks will be awarded for the correct answer and 5 marks will be deducted for the wrong answer
. No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
3. Each Team will be asked only 2 questions in the audio visual round.
4. The audio clip/visual will only be played twice.
5. Time allotted for answering each question will be 30 seconds.
6. Questions will not be passed to the next team. However, the audience can answer.
1. The topic for the idea presentation is Disaster Management.
2. The competition comprises of 2 rounds - preliminary and final.
3. For the preliminary round, participants will be required to mail their powerpoint presentation online to email@example.com. The last date for the same is November 12, 2018. Submissions after 11:59pm on the 12th of November 2018, will not be entertained.
4. For the final round, from the presentations, the best few will be selected and invited to present their ideas at SOE, CUSAT on November 17th, 2018.
5. The total duration allotted to present the idea will be a maximum of 15 minutes.
6. The competition is open to students of classes 8th to 12th. It is an individual event with a participation fee of Rs.200.
7. Any number of participants can take part from the same institution.